Friday, December 18, 2009

Chanukah

This is my boy helping to mix up the batter for our Hanukah jelly donuts. It was the first time I made them and it was a good experience.

Next year I will know to roll the dough even thinner. Althought the doughnuts tasted good they got a little over cooked simply becasue the dough was too thick and it took too long for the insdie to cook properly. Oh well, I'll try again next year.

A lovely latke image. Home made with local potaoes, eggs and onions. These are topped with applesauce and greek yogurt. Ususally I would have used sour cream but I find that the Fage brand 0% fat yogurt is a fantastic replacement and I even like the taste better than sour cream. Of course traditionally edamame are not eaten with latkes but I figured they were what I had avaialble and they were a protein to add to the meal.



Here's our menorah. We got a lot of enjoyment out of lighting it this year.







No comments:

Post a Comment