Sunday, April 4, 2010

Soul Funk Greens

So, it's not often that my hubby comes up with anything good for the kitchen. Usually when he tries to cook something it doesn't work out that well. He is most often relegated strictly to the grill when it comes to food preparation.

Anyway, for a while now he has been talking about these soul funk greens that he used to fix, allegedly. Although in all honesty his story was corroborated by my in-laws. He told me that this THE way to fix some delicious southern style green and he had based his original trials off a dish he had eaten many years ago at Soul Vegetarian restaurant in Atlanta. Well a few months ago we were having dinner guests and he insisted that I make them, and so I did. Well, they were really tasty and I have made them numerous times since. Who knew?

I don't have a specific recipe but here's a list of the ingredients and you can just use your imagination and taste buds to get it how you like it.

1 bunch of greens (collards are my favorite)
fresh garlic, chopped (maybe 3 cloves)
onion, chopped (about 1/2 c)
nutritional yeast
soy sauce or salt
pepper
hot sauce or fresh jalapeno, chopped and seeded
tomato, chopped

No comments:

Post a Comment