Monday, October 4, 2010

Settling

here, ian is participating in a nature class about butterflies and moths

So we've been here now for a bit and I finally feel as if I am beginning to be here. Ian and I have been schooling for a number of weeks now and he's is really rockin' it. He's also been playing basbeall with th elocal league and that has been a wonderful outlet for him to socialize with other kids and get some much needed activity. Plus the fact that he loves it and it having a blast is really what matters. During this season hitting has been harder for him but he has made some great plays in the outfield., In the last game he was responsible for getting two outs while playing left field.


here he is taking his turn as catcher, he's getter better at stopping the ball and the throw is really improving


As for me, I've just been keeping busy making new beaded flowers and items for the upcoming holiday market season. I think I'm looking at about 4 or 5 markets so that's plenty to keep me busy. Check out some of my newest works at www.thebeadtanicalgarden.blogspot.com

And in the interest of being here, last weekend we took a drive to the Dallas arboretum where they display over 40, 000 pumkins and gourds for the fall season. Oh my I have never seen so many cucurbits in one place at one time. I especially loved the landscape paintings they made using different kinds of pumpkins such as the "water fountain" you can see below in the yard of one of the pumpkin houses.


No comments:

Post a Comment