Saturday, October 23, 2010

Feeling Fall


Fall is in full swing here in Texas complete with falling leaves of many colors, cooler mornings and nights, and the decor of Halloween gracing homes and public spaces.

It's true that I love fall. In the past I often found myself visiting western North Carolina around this time of year. Although I am not htere and won't be able to make the journey this time around, I can clearly see the South Toe Valley in all of it's Autumn glory clearly imprinted in my long term memory. As I sit here in NE Texas, I can dial up my favorite fall scene of crossing the Seven Mile Ridge Rd bridge over the South Toe River, trees a myriad of colors with leaves blowing gently on a breeze and landing on the rushing water to be swept away.

Unfortunately I can find a good picture to post of it right now, but I will keep looking.

As for being here in Texas, life is settling into a routine. Of course it's as fluid as that river I love and can change easily. For instance, today I was set to be at a Harvest Festival all day selling my wares and celebrating fall with life music and fun activities. However, the rain came in strong with gusty wind and tornado warnings. Given that I packed it up and headed home. It was ok, although I was looking forward to the event, I was just as glad to spend the time with my family at home.

I'm finding my way here. I'm appreciating that life is an adventure and that gifts and truth are often hidden in the most unexpected places.

a little snake we found in the backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment