Monday, November 1, 2010

Leftover Black bean and squash soup

Looking for an interesting way to use leftover black beans or baked squash? Well, I was last week when I came up with this delicious soup.




I started with some leftover baked butternut squash, and about 2 cups of cooked black beans.




Then I diced up one whole leek, two hatch chili peppers, and about 5 cloves of garlic.


I heated a few tablespoons of coconut oil in a deep cast iron skillet. Then I added the leek, garlic and pepper, and sauteed until soft. Then I added 1/2 a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, 1/2c frozen sweet corn kernels, salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Finally I added the beans, the mashed squash and enough water to cover. I simmered until all the flavors were mingled well and seasoned to taste until I loved it.

Viola. A warming, tasty soup for a cool evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment