Wednesday, March 9, 2011

inspired by color

This past weekend we went to the North Texas Irish Fest in Dallas. There was a lot of good music and crafts. Also there were so many folks wandering around with a lively spirit. We saw medieval maidens, queens and kings, men in armor, steampunk fantasy creations, and of course many kilted men. It was nice to wander among these folks and feel the air of fantasy I so ofteen work to create in my daily life. I am hoping one day to have my own medieval costume complete with corset, large bustling skirt, and ruffled sleeves hanging at the wrists.


Another person creating an air of fantasy was this guy working on a huge chalk drawing in the middle of the fair. I enjoyed watching him work and felt inspired by all of the colorful chalks he had lined up and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment