Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year

Some days I have a lot of thoughts I'd like to share with others. Unfortunately, these thoughts usually crop up when I am in the middle of my son's homeschool lessons, or while I am cooking a meal, or otherwise occupied with something that I cannot stop in the middle of the write it down.




For all those times when I wish I could simply stop what I am doing and tell you what I really think I give you the above photo. In person and until you get to know me well, you might find yourself under the impression that I am a very sweet and amiable person. You might notice that I will go out of my way to to make some things easier for others and I never seem to offer an unsavory opinion. I believe this is a true first impression of me. However, as you get to know me and talk to me one-on-one you might find yourself surprised that I am actually very opinionated and in many ways working quietly and within my means for big social change.

In fact I think I would like to see some real social upheaval in which those with a lot realize they are not separated from those with little. I urge each and every one of us to recognize the part we play or refuse to play in the destruction of this world we plan to leave our children and grandchildren and however many number of generations may come after us.


I believe that our actions do not only have an affect on us, they have long lasting effects that future generations will have to deal with. I put a call out to all the mamas and papas I know to use the main tool we have in this American society of 2012, put your money where your mouth is. Spend responsibly, know what your money ultimately supports when you buy stuff, and make good decisions when you give your money over to someone else.

I make no claim to be amazing in my own habits, but I do claim to be usually aware of where my money is going once I spend it.

Anyway, that's my rant for the new year. I plan to live life to the fullest, love my loved ones faithfully and fiercely, and work for change in ways I know I can. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment