Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Citrus Herb Marinade

Citrus Herb Marinade

1c fresh cilantro, chopped
½ onion peeled and chopped
¾ c orange juice
½ c chicken broth
1tsp dried oregano
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 garlic clove

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.

This sauce makes an excellent marinade for both chicken and fish. I think it would taste especially delicious fresh halibut.

I made a chicken dish with this.

I placed 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breast in a large ziploc bag and poured the marinade over it. I let the chicken marinade in the refrigerator for about 8 hours. (I think next time I will let whatever I'm marinating sit over night).

I heated about 3-4T olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. I browned the chicken breast on each side. After browning the chicken I poured the remainder of the marinade over the chicken and allowed it to simmer until the chicken was cooked through.

It was really delicious. I would love to hear any comments if you try this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment