Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sad News

I just wanted to take a minute and say farewell to an old friend. I just found out that an old friend of mine and JIm's passed away today. Frank Cook was really fascinating and caring person and an amazing ethnobotanist. He traveled the world trying to gain as much planty knowledge as possible and sharing everything he learned with others. He was always willing to give of his time and to to share a kind word, smile or magical potion with those who needed it most. Although I never knew Frank extrememly well, I have known him for over a decade and he was someone I always looked forward to seeing at least once a year. I know that both Jim and I will miss him and so will the many many people whose lives he touched. Truly, I think that the plant kingdom of this planet will miss Frank too, he was a true champion for them. My thoughts go out to his family and friends and I share the sadness that I know many others are experiencing as they find out this news. May we all be glad we had the chance to know him. Let this serve as a reminder to all of us to live our lives to fullest each and everyday because you never know if it migt be the end of this journey. Blessings to all those i love.

No comments:

Post a Comment