Monday, August 3, 2009

Twilight (the saga)

I thought I would take a minute or two just share my thoughts about this particular book saga.

The truth is, when I first heard about the movie and the books I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be interested in it at all. Considering with the fact that my main vampire interest days seemed to have peaked somewhere about 1995 or so with the onslaught of the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles. However, I like to watch movies and this one intrigued me, just because. When J- was out of town I got it from Netflix (I knew he would not want to watch it, never really having gone through any sort of vamp stage). After my little one was settled into bed for the night and I was ready to just relax I put it on to give it a try. Truthfully I had not followed all the hype and had no idea how good or bad it was proclaimed in the media, I simply knew it was in the media.

I really enjoyed the movie. Well it was more the actual story I loved. I'm a romantic at heart and if truth be told I like happy endings that are somewhat sappy and probably not that realistic. However they make me smile and I do love that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

So, since I like, ok well I'll just say it, loved it, I thought I might like to read the books too. So I went on the hunt to find the series to borrow. In the library here there was llike a two month waiting list. I wasn't committed enough to buy them. Finally a friend helped me connect with a set to borrow.

Let me tell you that for me these books were like crack. I could not put them down. I think it was just becasue I allowed myself to both sympathize and empathize with the main themes of deep love, loss and hurt, growth and change, rebirth into our next stage of life. I read the books twice in less than a week. The first time I devoured them reading so quickly and so caught up that at the end I was so sad for them to be done. So I read them again at a slower rate, which for me is still fairly quick.

Now I won't go so far as to these books are a Literary Masterpiece. They are simple for an adult to read being geared to a teenage audience and all. However, I would recommend them to others that simply just an't get enough of a good love story with a lot of twists and turns.

So, that's my two cents. Take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment